This quick guide details the steps required to enable and configure the Verify Tides Module in Verify QC 1.12A (or later).
If using earlier versions please contact VERIPOS for assistance.
- Verify QC must be running with at least one PPP service, such as Ultra, Apex, Ultra2 or Apex2.
- The Verify QC dongle must have the Tides option enabled. (See end of guide for dongle enable process)
Configuring Verify Tides in Verify QC
- Ensure Tides is enabled in Tools > Advanced Options:
2. Measure distance between the GNSS antenna and the waterline as accurately as possible.
This offset is required for Geoid tide calculations only and does NOT affect the MSS tide calculations.
3. Enter the height difference in Config > Calculation > Settings (height box). At this point also select the required Geoid Model:
Note: If changing this value a warning will appear that this will affect the tides calculation – Click Yes:
4. Select Config > Calculation > MSS Tides (the following window will appear):
- Configure Tides in this window by following these steps:
- Browse to the Directory you wish to store the tides logging files.
- Select the PPP solution to be used for the Tides Calculation.
Select the desired Talker. This affects the talker ID’s within the Tideinfo.txt and Doodson.txt tides files. Choose between VQC and Standard. If Standard is selected, the talker ID will be $UltraTide or $ApexTide, depending on which PPP position is being used for the Tides calculation. If VQC is selected, the talker ID will be VQCnnnTide, where nnn represents the Verify QC version number.
Select the Interval (this is the averaging period. The recommended default is 10 minutes).
Select the Time Reference for the Tides records (either Hours:Minutes:Seconds HH:MM:SS or GPS Seconds).
Only if outputting the tides data to an external device (not just logging data for post-processing), follow these steps also:
- Select the Output Format
- Output on Averaging Period or every second (Output Every Second box)
- Setup output device parameters (serial Port, Server Socket or Datagram)
6. Select View > Calculation > Tides (The following window will appear):
Note: Information such as MSS Calculation and certain graphs will not be populated until the Doodson Filter has output an initial MSS value (approximately after 39 hours)
Checking the Dongle status In Verify QC:
1. In Verify QC, select Help > Dongle > View
2. The following window will appear. Check the Tides Option is ticked:
3. If the Tides Option is not ticket select Help > Dongle > Upgrade
The following window will appear:
4. Send the 32 bit Status Code to the VERIPOS Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request Tides activation.
5. The VERIPOS Helpdesk will provide an upgrade code.
6. Select Help > Dongle > Upgrade and paste the upgrade code into the text window. Click Upgrade to apply a new code. A confirmation code will appear, this should be emailed back to the VERIPOS Helpdesk: