This guide details the steps required to check the IP address of an LD7 IMU so that it can be accessed via the Web Browser.
To carry out this procedure you will need:
- LD7 IMU and associated cabling
- LD7 USB Serial Port drivers (available at the bottom of this article).
- PC with available USB port and terminal program. Note: In this guide, the VERIPOS VIO program is used. Other terminal programs such as Hyperterminal can also be used.
- The VIO program is part of the Verify-QC software suite. The VIO program is part of the Verify-QC software suite. Verify-QC can be downloaded here.
Install the LD7 USB Serial Port drivers on a PC by double-clicking the .exe file.
- Ensure the LD7 IMU is switched on and the Ethernet/USB Y-cable is connected to the correct port on the rear of the LD7.
- Connect the USB cable to a free USB socket of the PC. When using a Windows XP PC, a prompt may appear asking for drivers to be manually located, select No, not this time:
- In the next window, select Install Software Automatically:
- When drivers have installed correctly, a virtual Serial port will be created on the PC. This is the port which needs to be used to establish the LD7 IMU IP address. To check the COM port number assigned to the virtual serial port, right-click on My Computer and select Manage:
- Select Device Manager then expand the Ports menu. The virtual serial port will be named USB Serial Port (COMxx), xx being the COM number assigned to the port.
- Install the Verify-QC program. This also installs the VIO program which is used for this procedure.
- VIO can be opened via Start > All Programs > Veripos > Verify v1.xx > Launch Vio.
- Go to Config > IO Join > New:
- Configure the VIO input as shown below. Ensure the COM port selected matches the COM number assigned to the virtual serial port:
- Go to View-->IO. This opens a terminal view for the connection that has just been configured.
- Right-Click within the IO window and select Send Message:
- In the pop-up window, tick the CR and LF options. Under Message field, enter the command get,ipsettings then press Send. This command requests the IP settings from the LD7 processor.
- The LD7 IP settings will appear within the IO window. The IP address is displayed as highlighted below: