Steps for Verify QC Upgrade:
- Obtain the new Verify QC installation file from Veripos by contacting the Veripos Helpdesk or Veripos Personnel.
Before installing the new version of Verify QC:
- Make sure to save the current verify QC config by selecting file and save. (If the file has not been saved before enter the file name and click save).
- Check inside the saved folder “.alm, .aps,.t3m and VerifyQC Files and folders Events and History” are all available.
- It’s worth noting down the current settings of Verify QC on Config tab as well as the views that are opened. If possible take a screenshot of the open views opened. This will help to open the views again if needed.
- Check to see if the Auto-start option is enabled by selecting File and see whether or not there is a tick mark next to Auto-start.
- Select Tools and select Advanced options and note down all the selected options.
- Take note of the settings in the Config menu by select Config and then selecting:
- GNSS Receiver and note the type and input settings
- RTCM Input note Name, Station Data, Mode, Beam, Stations, and Input settings for all available options.
- Demodulator Input if setup
- In Calculation sub-menu select Settings and take note of all values including Latitude, Longitude, Height (above waterline), Height SD, Geoid model, Elevation Mask, Use Receiver Position, and Fallback Smoothing settings.
- In the Calculation sub-menu check all available DGNSS Calculation settings including Name, Mode, Selection, and Stations.
- In the Calculation sub-menu check ULTRA and APEX note down all the Backups and PPP mode if available.
- In the Calculation sub-menu select Tides and note down all settings including Directory, Position, Talker, interval, Output every second, Time Reference, Output Format and output.
- Check all the position output settings including Name, position, Message types, Output and File Output if available.
- Check the CSL output if available including Name, RX ID, Output device, Port and File output if available.
- Take note of the settings in the Logging menu by selecting Logging then selecting
- Rinex and then Edit. Note all Rinex logger information available.
- Once all the settings are noted down close the Verify QC by selecting Red X on top right hand corner.
- It is highly recommended to uninstall the older version of Verify QC before installing the newer version of QC.
- To uninstall the older of version of Verify QC by going to control panel and selecting ‘Programs and Features’ if running on Windows7 PC and right click ‘Verify v1.xx’ and click uninstall or in control panel selecting ‘Add or remove’ on XP PC and right click ‘Verify v1.xx’ and click uninstall to uninstall the current version of verify QC.
Install and Reconfigure Verify QC:
- Open the zip file which contains the new version of Verify QC received from Veripos and run the set up file to install the new version of QC.
- Once it is successfully installed, the new version of QC will need to be configured.
- Auto-start option can be enable by selecting file and select Auto start if there was previously a Tick next to Auto start (Default setting is un-ticked)
Reconfigure settings in the Config menu:
To reconfigure the settings in Config menu select Config then the appropriate sub-menu and configure the settings as noted before.
- GNSS Receiver type and input settings.
- Select Tools on the tool bar and select Advanced options and tick the options as noted before.
- In RTCM Input select New and configure with Name, Station Data, Mode, Beam, and Stations by selecting the appropriate option from the dropdown box, and Input settings. Note: Repeat this step for all required RTCM inputs.
- Select Demodulator Input then new then enter a name, select the Type, and IO Devices as noted before.
- In Calculation sub-menu select Settings and enter values for Latitude, Longitude, Height (above waterline), Height SD, Geoid mode, Elevation Mask, Use Receiver Position, and Fallback Smoothing settings if different from default values.
- In the Calculation sub-menu select DGNSS Calculation and New DGNSS Calc and enter the Name, select the Mode, Selection, and Stations. (repeat for multiple DGNSS calculations)
- In the Calculation sub-menu select ULTRA and chose all the Backups and PPP mode as noted before. Do the same for the APEX calculation.
- In the Calculation sub-menu select Tides and choose the directory, Position, Talker, Interval, Output every Second, Time Reference, Output Format and Output previously noted.
- Select Position output and click new and enter a name, choose position, select the messages, select output and file output as noted before. Do the same for all outputs noted.
- Select the CSL output and give Name, RX ID, Output device, Port and File output previously noted.
- To reconfigure the settings of the Logging menu select Logging then:
- Select Rinex and Edit Rinex logger information if different from the default values.
- Open the views by selecting View from the menu and by selecting necessary options.
- Once all the settings are configured save the Verify QC config in an appropriate directory. If saving to a directory where a config was previously saved you will receive a warning message if the name already exits, So either save with a new name or select yes to confirm replacing the file when prompted.