Steps for Verify QC Upgrade:
- Obtain the new Verify QC installation file from VERIPOS by contacting the VERIPOS Helpdesk or download it via help.veripos.com.
Before installing the new version of Verify QC:
- Make sure to save the current verify QC config by selecting File > Save (if the file has not been saved before, enter the file name and click Save).
- Check inside the saved folder that .alm, .aps, .t3m and VerifyQC files and folders 'Events' and 'History' are all available.
- It’s worth noting down the current settings of Verify QC from the Config tab as well as the views that are opened (if possible take a screenshot of the views open to assist). This will help to open the views again if needed.
- Check to see if the Auto-Start option is enabled by selecting File and see whether or not there is a ✔ next to Auto-Start.
- Select Tools > Advanced Options and note down all the selected options.
- Take note of the settings in the Config menu by select Config and then selecting:
- GNSS Receiver - Note the type and input settings
- RTCM Input - Note Name, Station Data, Mode, Beam, Stations & Input settings for all available options.
- Demodulator Input if configured.
- In the Calculation sub-menu select Settings and take note of all values including Latitude, Longitude, Height (above waterline), Height SD, Geoid Model, Elevation Mask, Use Receiver Position, and Fallback Smoothing settings.
- In the Calculation sub-menu check all available DGNSS Calculation settings including Name, Mode, Selection, and Stations.
- In the Calculation sub-menu check Ultra and Apex note down all the Backups and PPP Mode if available.
- In the Calculation sub-menu select Tides and note down all settings including Directory, Position, Talker, Interval, Output every second, Time Reference, Output Format and Output.
- Check all the position output settings including Name, Position, Message types, Output and File Output settings if available.
- Check the CSL Output if available, including Name, RX ID, Output 'IO Device', Port and File Output if available.
- Take note of the settings in the Logging menu by selecting Logging then selecting
- Rinex and then Edit. Note all Rinex logger information available.
- Once all the settings are noted close the Verify QC, by selecting the X at the top right hand corner of the window.
It is highly recommended to uninstall the older version of Verify QC before installing the newer version of QC.
- To uninstall the older of version of Verify QC navigate to Control Panel > Programs and Features if running on Windows 7 PC, right click Verify v1.xx and click Uninstall. For users of XP systems, navigate to Control Panel and select Add or Remove, right click Verify v1.xx and click Uninstall to uninstall the current version of Verify QC.
Install and Reconfigure Verify QC:
- Open the zip file which contains the new version of Verify QC received from VERIPOS and run the set up file to install the new version of QC.
- Once successfully installed, the new version of QC will need to be configured.
- The Auto-Start option can be enabled by selecting File > Auto Start if required.
Reconfigure settings in the Config menu:
To reconfigure the settings in Config menu select Config then the appropriate sub-menu(s) and configure the settings as noted earlier.
- GNSS Receiver type and input settings.
- Select Tools on the tool bar and select Advanced Options and tick the options as noted before.
- In RTCM Input select New and configure with Name, Station Data, Mode, Beam, and Stations by selecting the appropriate option from the drop-down box, and Input settings. Repeat this step for all required RTCM inputs.
- Select Demodulator Input > New and enter a Name, select the Type, and IO Device as noted before.
- In Calculation sub-menu select Settings and enter values for Latitude, Longitude, Height (above waterline), Height SD, Geoid Model, Elevation Mask, Use Receiver Position, and Fallback Smoothing settings if different from default values.
- In the Calculation sub-menu select DGNSS Calculation and New DGNSS Calc and enter the Name, select the Mode, Selection, and Stations. (repeat for multiple DGNSS calculations)
- In the Calculation sub-menu select ULTRA and chose all the Backups and PPP Mode as noted before. Do the same for the APEX calculation.
- In the Calculation sub-menu select Tides and choose the Directory, Position, Talker, Interval, Output every Second, Time Reference, Output Format and Output previously noted.
- Select Position Output and click New and enter a Name, Position, select the messages, select Output and File Output as noted earlier. Do the same for all outputs noted.
- Select the CSL Output and give Name, RX ID, Output 'IO Device', Port and File Output previously noted.
- To reconfigure the settings of the Logging menu select Logging then:
- Select Rinex and Edit Rinex logger information if different from the default values.
- Open the views by selecting View from the menu and by selecting necessary options.
- Once all the settings are configured save the Verify QC config in an appropriate directory. If saving to a directory where a config was previously saved you will receive a warning message if the name already exits, If this occurs either save with a new name or select Yes to confirm replacing the file when prompted.